Adding bangs to your hair is one option to update your look without making a significant commitment to a new look overall. Not only can they make your entire appearance look better, but they may also help you feel more confident in yourself!
Table of Contents
When it comes to choosing a wig, the same. Wigs with bangs tend to look more natural and flexible to style. There are many different ways to wear bangs in today's fashion, but it can be a challenge to style for most of us. Don't worry, we are here to assist you!
In this detailed tutorial, we will walk you through the process of styling bangs on wigs of all lengths, thicknesses, and other characteristics. We've got you covered whether you're searching for an everyday appearance that's more casual or something a little dressier. Continue reading, and be ready to start coming up with some fresh new styles!
Advantages Of Wearing Wigs With Bangs
There are several advantages to wearing wigs with bangs If you're looking to update your look without having to commit to a brand-new hairstyle, bangs are perfect. Here are a few of the benefits:
- Bangs add volume to your hair, giving you a more youthful and fresh look.
- If you have fine or thinning hair, bangs can help mask it and make it look thicker.
- Bangs also protect from the sun by creating a physical barrier between your face and the harmful UV rays.
- Bang wigs can frame your face well.
- Bangs are an easy way to change up a look without having to make drastic changes.
- Bangs are also a great aid in hiding the fact you are wearing a wig.
- There is no lace in the front to deal with, reduce the likelihood of itching.
What Style Of Bangs Suit You?
When selecting the style of bangs for your wig, it's important to select one that suits your face shape. Here are common types of face shapes and the type of bangs that would suit them:
1. Square Face
The primary features of a square face include a high forehead, prominent chin, wide and square-shaped jawline, and a straight hairline. A square face is characterized by these traits. When it comes to adding bangs, square faces come out on top every time.
Choppy bangs, ideally long and side-swept or trimmed diagonally, should be worn since they will give the appearance of a longer face and a softer overall appearance to the features. If you want your face to appear more angular and sharp, steer clear of blunt and arching bangs and choose instead for bangs with straight lines.
2. Round Face
A round face is characterized by prominent cheekbones that are difficult to see, a rounded jawline, and facial features that appear to be flattened out. Side-swept bangs are the most flattering hairstyle option for people who have round faces with softer angles and bigger cheeks. Avoid straight bangs. In addition to providing you with a wide range of styling possibilities, these bangs will give the impression that your face is longer.
3. Long Face
Most of the time, a high forehead and a lengthy chin are what characterize a face that is considered to be long. Heavy bangs on your brow line or just slightly above it will do the trick to provide the appearance of a balanced length to your face. This is the look that will work best for you. Your chin will no longer be the focal point of attention thanks to these bangs, which will restore balance to your face by emphasizing the middle of your face instead.
4. Heart-Shaped Face
People with heart-shaped faces are broad at the top and come to a point at the chin; as a result, they have to take extra care when it comes to emphasizing their best features.
Because of this, the ideal bangs should be wispy fringe, with a length that is longer at the borders and shorter in the middle. Your chin's natural curvature will be brought out by these bangs, which will also have the effect of lengthening your face from the forehead down.
5. Oval Face
A person with an oval face typically has a thin or slightly oblong face with prominent cheekbones, a rounded jawline, and a broad forehead. If your face is longer than it is wide, and your chin is strong and round, you have an oval face shape. This gives your face the benefit of symmetry, which is a desirable trait. Because of these characteristics, nearly every kind of bang will look good on you.
Tips and Tricks for Styling Wigs with Bangs
Now that you know what style of bangs would suit your face shape, here are some tips and tricks to help you make the most out of styling wigs with bangs:
1. Straight Bangs
If you want to go for a more traditional style, try styling your bangs straight. Sweep the bangs from side to side with a wig comb or wig brush while directing a hair drier with a diffuser set to the COOL setting downwards on the bangs.
After that, you should comb your bangs to the side and lightly mist them with wig spray to keep them in place. Most importantly, be sure never to comb your bangs while they are dry or wet.
2. Curls and Waves
If you want to add some texture to your wig, curl or wave the bangs with a curling iron. When using the curling iron, make sure to keep the heat setting at a low temperature so as not to damage the wig's hair strands. Braid your bangs into small or large braids, depending on your desired look, and keep them in place by spraying a bit of hairspray onto the braids.
3. Side-Swept Bangs
Bangs that are swept to the Side Creating the look of having your hair swept to the side is as simple as it sounds; all you have to do is sweep your bangs to the side and use a wig styling cream to keep them in place.
When styling the bangs, make sure to use a wig comb or brush so as not to cause any damage. You can also use bobby pins or clips for extra grip. No matter the look you are going for, make sure to use a blow-dryer on the COOL setting to dry your bangs and smooth out any bumps or frizz.
4. Curtain Bangs
Similar to the side-swept bangs, a curtain bangs haircut is very simple to accomplish. To achieve this look, simply part your bangs down the middle and then sweep each half to the side opposite the part. Use wig styling cream to keep the hair in place.
5. Updo Styles
The remainder of your hair should be pulled back away from your face so that the focus can be on your bangs. For a fresh new appearance, give one of these styles a shot:
- You may achieve a lovely half-up, half-down style by pulling up half of your wig and securing it with a clip or ponytail holder while leaving the other half of the hair down.
- Make a low-side braid with all of your hair by sweeping it to one side and braiding it.
- At the nape of the neck, you can wear your hair in a sleek low ponytail or chignon bun.
When you've become used to wearing bangs, you'll find that you have a virtually unlimited number of possibilities for arranging them. The bangs are a terrific complement to your style, but ultimately, it is our smiles that determine whether or not we are beautiful.
How to Get the Perfect Bangs?
The best solution for getting bangs is to purchase a bang wig. Even so, you may need to cut your bangs to achieve the length and style that you want. You also have the option of cutting bangs into a wig that does not have bangs. In either case, getting your bangs clipped so that they complement the contours of your face is the key to achieving the ideal fringe look. Here are some tips to follow if you want to cut your bangs:
Tips for cutting bangs into a wig
- You should take off less hair than you initially imagined, and your bangs should be left to remain longer. This gives you some wiggle room to adjust any mistakes you make and make your bangs look more even. Keep in mind that you can always make your bangs shorter by cutting them, but you can't make them longer by doing so.
- Every wig features inner tabs at the temples that make it much simpler and quicker to put the wig on. Use the tabs on the side of your bangs as indicators of where to finish cutting them so that you do not end up with excessively wide bangs.
- Holding your scissors in a horizontal position can give you a duller appearance. Cut in a vertical direction to achieve a shaggier appearance.
- When you are done cutting, use a wig styling cream to secure your bangs in place. The cream will also give them a much smoother and softer look.
By following these tips, you can create the perfect bangs for any occasion or style. Whether it is for an everyday look or a special event, taking the time to properly style your bangs is essential. With the right products and a little patience, you can easily achieve whatever look you desire. So give it a try! You never know what style of bangs you might love until you try it out for yourself.