The hustle and bustle of everyday routines can sometimes leave us yearning for convenience, even in our hair care routine. Does the thought of spending hours braiding or twisting your hair seem daunting?
Table of Contents
Worry not, the "wash and go" method is here to rescue you from precious time spent styling your hair and allows you to get effortlessly beautiful hair in no time.
Not only does it help save time, but it also eliminates the need to use heat tools, which could potentially be damaging to your hair in the short and long term. So, let's get into the details of how you, too, can achieve hassle-free hair in just a few minutes!
What Exactly Is Wash and Go?
Wash and go is a convenient styling method particularly suited for those with wavy, curly, or coils of natural hair. This straightforward style starts with washing your hair and applying products that work for your curl pattern. Allow your hair to simply air dry or make use of a hooded dryer or diffuser to slightly speed up the process.
Without any heat or manipulation, it helps to promote healthy curls and waves while giving your hair the break it needs from the wear and tear that tools and equipment can cause.
Wash and go eliminates the need for elaborate braids and twists, saving on both time and reliability. This easy, effective hair styling solution is the perfect pick for those with natural hair.
How Wash and Go Can be Beneficial for You?
Are you in need of a fresh way to style your hair? Wash and go is the way to go! It's much more than a simple styling technique -- it offers lasting benefits for your hair. Keep reading!
1. Help battling frizz
Wash and go is an awesome way to save time and fight frizz. By applying products to wet hair, you ensure that the underwater cuticles truly absorb the products.
This ensures better protection from environmental elements that may cause damage and unwanted frizz. What's more, this straightforward approach will make it easy to enjoy a sleek, glossy, and healthy look.
2. Maintain natural moisture levels and curl definition
Wash and go involves minimal manipulation, so curls remain in their natural shape and retain moisture. It is an easy method that you don't need to use heat tools which strip away natural oils, ensuring hair always stays hydrated and pristine.
3. Awearsome result
Say goodbye to the idea that your hair won't look as expertly styled unless you blow dry and flat iron it. That's a myth! Wash and go can give you curls with gorgeous definitions comparable to what you see in labs. You'll achieve the perfect mix of well-defined curls paired with natural movement and volume.
4. Work on a range of hair textures
Wash and go is an incredibly versatile styling method that allows anyone to enhance their unique hair type and texture. It doesn't matter if your hair is tight coils or loose waves; wash and go can flatter them all! You'll be able to embrace your natural texture without altering it.
How to Create the Perfect Wash and Go?
Wondering where to start with your wash-and-go routine? Fortunately, this style is easy to get started with. With easy steps tailored to help you achieve the perfect curls, you could be on your way to beautiful wash-and-go's in no time! To begin your journey, all you have to do is follow these simple instructions:
Step 1: Shampoo and Condition Your Hair
Are you ready to simplify your hair routine? Preparing for a wash-and-go is key to achieving the best results. The first step is to either wash and condition your hair.
- Start by washing your locks completely with shampoo specially designed for your hair type, gently massage your hair and scalp to remove the buildup, and rinse up with warm water.
- Then, apply enough conditioner to smooth and hydrate your hair. Leave it conditioner for 10-15 minutes and use cool water to rinse out the conditioner thoroughly. You can use your fingers to detangle the hair smoothly while rinsing up the hair.
Tips: If you don't want to shampoo every day or are looking for an easy alternative between washes, simply saturating your hair with water is an effective and suitable way to dampen your hair.
Step 2: Apply product and detangle
Chasing a successful wash-and-go doesn't have to be frustrating.
- Begin by sectioning your hair off using 4 to 6 equal sections.
- Then, apply your styling product (leave-in condition, oil, or curl cream) to each section.
- Doing so allows your hair to properly absorb the styling aids present in your chosen product.
- To evenly distribute your styling product, start with the thinnest section first and use your fingers or brush to comb it in. This both eases the application process and helps to avoid tangling of strands.
Ultimately, this ensures your styling products are most effective, preventing further damage to your locks.
Step 3: Set your style & dry
Following this crucial step will help to achieve optimal, effortlessly defined curls.
- Begin by making sure your styling product is consistently applied with a few scrunches and a rake of the product into each section until the hair is saturated.
- This process should be finished with an air dry or with a low-speed diffuser attachment for faster results.
- Do your best to avoid touching the locks as they dry to prevent potential stubborn Frizz. Alternately, opt for the diffuser method and avoid the touch-free drying process when in a hurry.
Step 4: Refresh your hair between washes
Once you have achieved the perfect wash-and-go, there are a few tips and tricks to keep your curls looking fresh between washes.
- Use a light coating of oil on your hands to revive the curl pattern at night, preparing you for a new day.
- Spritzing with water or using a leave-in conditioner can also help to revive the curls during the day, as well as gently scrunching out any knots that may have formed throughout the day.
Don't be afraid to experiment with different methods of refreshing your curls, as everyone's hair is unique and may respond differently.
The Most Trending Wash and Go Hairstyles
Are you struggling to decide which wash-and-go hairstyle you should go for? With the right products and techniques in hand, selecting a style to create with your unique hair type, length, and personal style can be easy. Here are a few of the most popular wash-and-go looks to take inspiration from:
1. The Pineapple
For those with kinky or curly hair textures, the pineapple hairstyle is an attractive and functional style choice.
Start by gathering all of your hair into a flexible ponytail or bun on the very top of your head, and then leave your front curls slightly untamable and full of volume.
Not constrained to longer hair lengths, short-haired curl lovelies can also rock it out with this 'do. Not only is the pineapple hairstyle great for a chic look, but it's also functional and practical overnight.
You can tuck those tresses away safely without the risk of an excessively tangled-up mess in the A.M.! Showcase those beautiful curls with this expressive style today.
2. Side-Parted Curls
Side swept curls can be an oh-so-glamorous look, and it's easier to achieve than you'd think!
- Start by applying your favorite wash-and-go styling products to recently shampooed hair.
- Then, take a tooth comb to part your hair at a deep angle on one side. The angular part adds texture and character, keeping the look edgy yet sophisticated.
- Let the natural curls fall as they will, living out their best life as rings of texture and purpose. Your guests will be in awe of your side-part goddess curls!
3. Half-Up Ponytail
At first glance, the half-up ponytail might seem like an ordinary hairstyle. But, it is more than what meets the eye – it is a useful technique when wash-and-go hairstyles run awry!
To get this look, simply gather the top half of your locks into a ponytail or bun and tether it with a hairband. Match this creative style with some hair clips, and you are sure to impress!
For any occasion – from a packed party to a lazy day outdoors – this hairstyle never fails to look the fullest of flair.
4. Messy Wispy Bun
Have you ever been told the best look is a messy one? That could be with your clothing or your hair, but in this case, it's about our final wash-and-go style option!
Why not head back to basics and go for a loosely tied bun on top of your head? That's not all, though, feel free to gently tease those wispy strands into place to frame your face.
The result will be an effortless and stylish vibe, perfect for those days when you want to enjoy wearing your messy hair and not worry about it looking too "done." Embrace the mess – don't be afraid to make it your own! Accessorize it with a fun hair clip or two if you like.
5. Teeny Weeny Afro
The Teeny Weeny Afro (TWA) style is perfect for short, extra curly hair. This wash-and-go look is low maintenance yet chic.
- To create this look, make sure your hair is freshly washed and brushed. Adding a small amount of styling oil or gel will help with separation.
- Gently twist each curl to add definition and texture.
- You can also accessorize this style with a headband or clip.
Styling options are also available for those with a more daring aesthetic. Try adding some bold hair accessories like brightly colored scarves and statement pins to create a unique statement piece. Embrace your afro and rock this effortless and chic style!
6. Pixie Cut
The pixie cut is a daring and bold hairstyle that wears well, no matter what year it is. It has gained a lot of traction, as it is short, low-maintenance, and easily expressive in many ways.
To achieve a basic wash-and-go style, apply a small amount of product to damp hair, then fluff your locks with your fingers.
If more volume is desired, get a blow dryer and use a round brush to shape some lift at the crown. Alternately, write against waves and keep things straight with a flat iron solution to reduce flyaways and frizz.
For those wanting the perfect short cover with enormous style possibilities, the pixie cut remains unparalleled.
7. Wavy Lob
From beachy waves to bouncy curls, the wavy lob has been the go-to choice for women this year.
If you've got natural waves and don't want to put in the time to style, or you're looking to add dimension and drama without committing to a dramatic cut – then this look is for you.
To nail the mesmerizing 'lob' style, simply snip hair slightly above the shoulders and complete with minimal layering and texturizing.
Keep your hair healthy and hydrated, and sparingly use hair oil or gel to both stay soft and accentuate the waves. For a quick and effortless update, add headbands, clips, or statement pins for an elegant boost!
8. Jumbo Twists
If you're in the market for a dramatic look with minimal fuss, jumbo twists could be for you. The wash-and-go style offers an impressive amount of volume for those with long, dense hair.
To create the look, begin by adequately detangling the strands and applying a hydrating product.
Divide the hair into larger sections and twist it using a two-strand method. To add a special touch, why not experiment with bold colors, beads, or seashells as a finishing touch?
When you're ready for a change, gently unravel your locks and rock a defined twist out. These twists provide equal parts stylish statement and ease. Take the plunge and try out these trendy Germanic-inspired styles now!
In a Nutshell
In conclusion, wash and go has been an old technique that so many people over the years have adopted – for good reasons, too! As you can see, this hairstyle will not only save you a lot of time, but it can also help to give your look a boost.
So why don't you give this unique hairstyle a chance? Invest in quality hair care products and follow our guide above - start achieving no-fuss hair in minutes today!